Several factors influence the pricing of solar leads in different states. These include, among other things, the number of solar enterprises to which the leads are sold, the quality of the lead source, the state’s average conversion rate, and lead demand. Click to learn how to get solar energy leads. The solar industry is a thriving market expected to gain enormous market share in the decades to come.
The cost of a solar lead in a given state is determined by:
- The quality of the lead source and whether it is an organic lead source in which the consumer initiates the engagement or an outbound lead generation approach in which the consumer initiates the interaction through telemarketing/email
- The average conversion rate in each state; the number of solar companies to which a lead is sold. This, in turn, is determined by how appealing solar is as a financial investment in each state. The elements that affect how appealing solar is as an investment for consumers in each state include electricity pricing and local incentives. Demand for leads from solar providers in a state is frequently tied to the desirability of going solar in a region.
- The busiest solar markets in America are often those with the highest energy prices and strongest incentives and the most competitive markets, with solar companies battling for market dominance.
How much should I pay for Solar leads?
Getting solar leads exclusively should cost you around $100-$150 each. For appointments, it should cost you anywhere from $150 – $200 each.
In California, the average lead cost per sale is $1,929, the highest in the nation. Meanwhile, in North Dakota, the average lead price per sale of $225, the lowest in the country.
States with the highest amount of solar competition tend to have higher lead costs per sale. For instance, after California, the next five most expensive states include:
- New Jersey – $1,400 lead cost per sale, 7% conversion rate
- Massachusetts – $1,400 lead cost per sale, 7% conversion rate
- New York – $1,357 lead cost per sale, 7% conversion rate
- Maryland – $1,333 lead cost per sale, 6% conversion rate
- Connecticut – $1,286 lead cost per sale, 7% conversion rate
The state with the highest conversion rate in the District of Columbia is 10%. The average lead cost per sale in DC is $900, which comes in right behind Connecticut.
Service Vista Can Help Solar Installers Find Success
Service Vista can give your company high-quality solar leads, we can help you achieve more success and higher conversion rates. Our solar leads have been checked and authenticated, and they include contact information for potential customers who have expressed an interest in solar energy.